Ether prices have climbed back above $300 for the first time in more than two weeks.
The price of the cryptocurrency first crossed the $300 line after 15:15 UTC, according to CoinDesk market data, sliding back below that level an hour later. Ether’s price has traded consistently above $300 since 18:15 UTC.
Ether, the underlying cryptocurrency of the ethereum, has consistently traded below the $300 level since September 12, and today’s move signifes a break in the two-week lull seen since that date. At press time, ether is trading at around $306.
Cryptocurrency markets are on the rise today, with bitcoin trading moving back above $4,000. At press time, the price of bitcoin is trading at an average of $4,159.10, according to the CoinDesk Bitcoin Price Index (BPI).
Other cryptocurrencies have seen price gains during today’s trading session as well. Among those is zcash, which is up more than 25% to trade around $290, CoinMarketCap data reveals, and NEO, which is trading around $31 on an increase of roughly 17%.
Disclosure: CoinDesk is a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which has an ownership stake in Zcash Company.
Image via Shutterstock
The leader in blockchain news, CoinDesk is an independent media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. Have breaking news or a story tip to send to our journalists? Contact us at [email protected].
Disclaimer: This article should not be taken as, and is not intended to provide, investment advice. Please conduct your own thorough research before investing in any cryptocurrency.
Published at Wed, 27 Sep 2017 21:10:36 +0000
- CoinDesk Research Launches State of Blockchain Q1 Report
- ICOs, Dumb Money and Ethereum’s (Eth)ical Dilemma
- 6 Top Trends From CoinDesk’s 2017 State of…
- Ethereum Drops Below $250 as Price Hits Inflection Point
- What Caused NEO’s Temporary Price Slump and…
- Suddenly, NEO aka “Chinese Ethereum” Is Up 376…
- Correction Not a Crash: Bitcoin Price Eyes $3,000 as…
- Could SPV Support a Billion Bitcoin Users? Sizing up…